1. HAPPINESS MASTER CLASS: Sonja Lyubomirsky's "The How, What and Why of Happiness." Sonja is the author of the best-selling "The How of Happiness: A Scientific Approach to Getting the Life You Want." Class meets twice in July; six times in September & October. All by phone. Open to all. Early bird sign up expires 7/23. Class starts 7/24/08. All info is here.
2. NEW YORK TIMES Award Winning Writer, Charles Duhigg, seeks interviews from people who have transformed their lives. Special Invitation to readers of the CTH below. In addition, you can hear him talk about what he is looking for in these interviews (taped live, 7/16/08).
This is a rare and solid opportunity for any reader who has studied, nurtured, and/or experienced life transformation.
His team hopes for many emails and will interview in person a significant subset of people who respond to his invitation. His invitation to CTH Readers and his taped interview about this cool project are here.
Dear CTH Community,
Here are two things I'm really excited about and want to share with you: Transformation (1) Superb Science (Sonja) and (2) Suberb Journalism (Charles Duhigg-NYT).
First: On July 24th, Sonja Lyubomirsky, Ph.D. is launching her new MentorCoach MasterClass "The How, What, and Why of Happiness".
Sonja is Professor of Psychology at the University of California--Riverside and author of the best selling "The How of Happiness".
She will teach our class via phone. It's open to everyone, on 8 Thursdays [1:00 pm EST] in July and September. The early registration fee expires at midnight, Wednesday, July 23, 2008.
"But I'm leaving on vacation," you say. That excuse does not work here.
- The class only meets twice in July. The rest of the course is in September or after.
- Every class is recorded. You won't miss anything, ever.
- You can call in from anywhere in the world.
- Sonja is a gifted teacher--just listen to her interviews.
- She's excited about the class--you'll be excited too. (I am).
- There will be a class website which will have her PowerPoints, notes, all class recordings, and links to other goodies. You can access them at any time until the end of the class.
- For more information, click here.
Second: Very exciting. All CTH readers have a special invitation from award winning journalist, Charles Duhigg of the New York Times.
He is looking for people who have transformed their lives, who have helped others transform theirs, and who have studied transformative change, itself.
Where better to begin than among the members of the CTH community?
Ben Dean, Ph.D.
P.S. You can join Sonja in a special, free teleconference call about the class on Tuesday, July 22nd, at 8:00 pm ET. If you can't come, you'll get a tape of the call. You can register here.
MentorCoach's Upcoming Classes
MentorCoach 31-Week Training Program: Foundations. More information here.
MentorCoach Advanced Classes Open to the Public are here.
About Ben Dean -- Ben, Editor of Coaching Toward Happiness, is a coach, psychologist, founder of MentorCoach, and...MORE.
Copyright 2006-2008. Coaching Toward Happiness. All rights reserved.